Technology - FAQ
FAQ - Technology -
1. Why alcohol determination needs distillation before measurement by the instrument ?
Alcohol drink generally includes water, alcohol, and organic substance like sugar. The purpose of distillation is to remove other elements except water and alcohol. Preparing the mixed solution (only water and alcohol) after distillation of alcohol drink is necessary for the measurement of alcohol concentration.
2. Is it possible to display other units except density, specific gravity and alcohol on the alcohol meter ?
No, alcohol meter can display only density, specific gravity and alcohol concentration. However, it is possible for you to calculate other units like Brix from test results.
3. If we use this instrument in our winery/distillery/brewery, do you think we can make better quality products ?
The ALM 155 helps with monitoring and quality control of your product, thus improving the quality of the finished product.
Yes, alcohol meter features a temperature control function. You don't have to use a constant temperature bath that needs you to wait for a long time before measurement.
4. Does this instrument have a function of temperature control for sample solution during measurement ?
FAQ - Maintenance -
1. What kind of parts need to be replaced?
No parts, only consumables like sampling tube, printer paper and ribbon. Easily replaceable by operator/analyst.
2. What is your recommended daily performance check ?
Simple test with pure water to match theoretical values at 20 degrees, then start sample measurement. A large gap from theoretical value means a contamination
where the measurement tube requires cleaning with a mild detergent.
FAQ - Trying out alcohol meter -
1. Is it possible for you to arrange demonstration unit if we want to see at our laboratory ?
Yes, our local distributor can organize demonstration at your laboratory with free of charge. Please send us message on the screen of “Contact”.
2. Do we need some specific items and environment to use the instrument ?
No, you only need to prepare pure water, small beakers and samples on the table. The size of table is at least 600mm(W) and 500mm(D). Sample needs to be distilled prior to measurement, thus a Distillation unit is required.
3. How long does it take for measurement ?
When auto sampling mode is selected, the measurement time is 2 to 4 minutes including sampling to display of result.
4. What amount of sample volume (mL) is required for one measurement ?
When auto sampling mode (sampling time: 10 seconds) is used, the minimum amount is about 8mL.